Sunday, February 6, 2011

Snow Day!!

So from Tuesday until Friday we were stuck in the house because of ice on the roads.  I don't drive on ice.  I've done snow before, but that was in New York, where snow plows go down every road and make it a lot safer...even when the roads weren't plowed (like after getting off work at 10:30 and having to drive on fresh snow) It wasn't fun, but it wasn't horrible.  Ice is different, and in Texas, we mainly get ice...so everything pretty much shuts down.

Luckily, Thursday night, we got a good amount (for Texas) of snow.  The deepest spots were about 5 inches...the least deep were about 3.  And because I wasn't worried about the kids busting their heads because of slipping, we were able to play outside!!  We all got bundled up and headed over to the side of the house with the most yard (and the big ditch...aka, the biggest hill) to play. 


I was really impressed with how well Balian did walking around in the snow...even up and down hill without too many falls overall.  He seemed to like it :)


We started with snow angels.  Here, Neil helping Bella make one:




This is our "family" of snow angels...everybody made one...wish I could have gotten a better angle...but this is the best I could get :(

Then, Neil got a cardboard box to try going down the hill...

It didn't work very well...we ended up pulling out an empty Rubbermaid container and putting the kids in it to slide down the hill, and it worked much better.  Too bad I put my camera up at that point, so I have no pictures :(

And here's the family...


We had fun, and it was so good to get some good fresh air and play!!