Monday, January 31, 2011

33 weeks


I don't know if you can tell in this picture, but Saturday night (the night before this picture was taken) the baby did some dropping.  I woke up Sunday morning, and immediately noticed a difference - my belly was just lower!  Ha.  This has never happened to me before!  Bella and Balian never dropped before active labor started - at all.  Not to say that the baby has totally dropped - I think there's more to be done - but everything about this pregnancy has been different.  Makes me wonder how much it has to do with God healing my bicornuate uterus.  Anyway, so about halfway through Sunday, I started having much more pressure and started having a lot of Braxton-Hicks.  I wasn't dehydrated (I had 4 L of water the day before, and had already had 2 L of water for the day).  I took a nap, and they continued.  I took it as easy as I could the rest of the day. 

The only thing I can think of is that I just did way too much on Saturday.  We had gone to my parents' house to help them get a room ready for my grandmother coming to stay for a couple of days.  I was working pretty much non-stop for about 5 or 6 hours.  Neil yelled at me one time because he caught me doing something that he said I shouldn't be doing while pregnant (attempting to put bed raisers under a bed - with mattress and box spring on it - by myself). 
Neil: "Pam!  You're Pregnant!" 
Me: "So."
Stephen (my brother): "Stubborn women in our family..."
Then, of course, the guys took over the job. 

The good news is that I haven't had any problems so far today (Monday).  However, I guess I know my limitations now.
Midwife appointment tomorrow.  I'll post on that later.