Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Responsibility? What's that?

I've been searching for responsibility charts for my kiddos, but I haven't found one that I like.  Neil and I don't like the idea of rewarding our kids for things that they are expected to do as part of a contributing member of our family. However, I do like keeping a record - if for no other reason than the child being able to see what they have and have not accomplished.  Perhaps not now, but eventually, we want to reward them (with money) for chores above and beyond their normal duties.  And we want to use this as a tool for teaching money management - saving, tithing, and spending wisely.

Well today I found a stinkin' awesome tool to do this.  It incorporates all of this.  A list of chores each child is expected to do as a contributing member of the family, the chores that they can choose to do for pay, accountability for doing those tasks and reporting it (kinda like a time card, so to speak), and then how to manage the money they are given on their "payday".  If you want to buy it, you can.  I think it's about $40 or so.  I think I'll use this as a guide to make a system for our family.  Either way, I think it's great.  check it out:

Fisher Kids Responsibility System