Sunday, February 26, 2012

Taking a Moment to Brag: Bella

I'm taking a minute to brag on this beautiful girl:


Isabella has been doing so, so well lately.  
She really does try her hardest to listen and obey (Right away, all the way, in a happy way).   If I mention that she's having a hard time with this, she stops, goes and sits down, and talks to God for a while...then she comes back and tells me "Mommy, I asked Jesus to help me listen and obey better today."

She has been doing her "special job" every week without complaint - getting the laundry basket out of the laundry room, putting she and Balian's dirty clothes in it, taking it to the livingroom and separating the lights and darks, putting the first load in the washer, and helping me start it (really she can do everything - even knows what buttons to push - she just can't reach the detergent and sometimes needs help pushing the button to dispense it.)

Bella makes her bed by herself every morning when she wakes up...on the top bunk.

She has been incredibly helpful with so many things.  She helps me put drinks and plates of food on the table before and helps me clear the table after meals, without being asked.  She helps Balian with so many little things like putting socks and shoes on, and even helps him wipe his booty! 

Don't get me wrong, this little lady is by no means perfect.  She understands though that nobody is perfect.  Only Jesus was perfect, and that's why we need Jesus to help us every day.
So when she knows that she is having a rough day - arguing, complaining, disobeying, being too rough, whatever it is - she knows who can help her to do better.
I can't wait to see what God has in store for this little beauty.
May she grow to live out her name and be "Devoted to God" in all that she does!