Tuesday, March 1, 2011

37 weeks

Another appointment today...

* Dilated to about a 3.5.  She said the cervix is open more at the bottom (about a 4) than the top (3.5).
* Effaced the same - about 70%
* Baby is at a -1 station (so, starting to enter into the pelvic bone).  First thing Melody said to me when she saw me today was "You look lower!"  I hadn't really noticed...then I thought about it...maybe I have been walking a little bit differently...but nothing like feeling like I have a basketball between my legs, like some people describe it.  But, during the exam it was confirmed...it's definitely lower.
* Mucus plug is gone.  There was definitely some bloody show when they checked me today.  Apparently the mucus plug has a way of continuing to replenish itself...so you can continue to lose bits of it until you go into labor...welcome to my life - yeah...gross.
* I got my burst of energy (nesting) yesterday.  I started cleaning the entire house.  Vacuumed the entire house, did the dishes, did ALL of the laundry (about 6 loads) and it was all folded and put away before Neil got home, cleaned all 2.5 bathrooms, cooked, picked up clutter, did school-time with Bella, AND had time to spend with the Lord (which was difficult, because I didn't want to sit still!)  I think it was the most productive day I've had in my entire life!  And am I tired today? no!  First thing this morning, I decided to vacuum out the van (who does that?) and I've been cleaning windows, dusting, cleaning out the refrigerator, and trying to figure out what else I can do...sewing isn't active enough!
* Saw the pregnancy chiropractor again today.  She adjusted my hips and pelvic bone again.  She's been working on my lower back, because I've had some pain on the left side of my tailbone - apparently it's because the right side was off, so the I was feeling grinding on the left side.  Today I left feeling the best I have thus far - no pain at all on that left side!  yeah!  She also worked on my sinuses again, which makes me happy - it seems to really be helping.  The chiropractor warned me that because my body seems to be already gearing up for labor, that adjusting me could put me over the edge (aka get labor started).  So far nothing, other than some braxton-hicks and some sharp pelvic/cervical pains.  But you never know...
The kids also got adjustments again - and both of their pelvic bones were out of line on the same side as mine.  so weird.  She said that it was an indicator of stress - that the kids may be picking up on my stress or whatever - seeing the big change coming of a new baby.  So crazy. 

Anyway...so now we play the waiting game...and I'm trying to not go crazy in the meantime.