Thursday, March 3, 2011

37 weeks (part 2)

So, here's an update:
Tuesday, after my appointment, the "bloody show" tapered off.  Then, that evening I had a lot more.  I called the midwife and she said it was probably a sign that I may be dilating some more...but that no matter what, it was definitely just another sign that my body was gearing up for labor even more.

Wednesday, I went to Ft.Worth for BSF, because nothing was going on.  About halfway through, at about 10:30, I started having some light contractions.  On the way home, I started feeling them in my back as well, and there seemed to be more of them.
When we got home, I got the kids in the stroller and went for an "easy" walk around the block (really, about a mile).
Then, I took a nap when the kids did.  I was actually able to sleep some, but I woke up because I was having some more contractions.  And the way I figured it, if they were strong enough to wake me up from a deep sleep, then I should really start paying attention to them.
I started timing them, and they were pretty inconsistent (anywhere from 4-8 min. apart), and not very strong, but they were definitely being felt from the back to the front, and then down to the pelvic bone.  Neil checked me when he got home from work and I had dilated to about a 4.5.  Called the midwife, just to tell  her what was going on, and she said to call her again when they increased in strength.
They seemed to be getting more consitent (4-6 min. apart) and a little bit stronger (but still able to talk through them, etc.) after dinner.  When the kids went to bed at 8, Neil checked me again, and I was more like a 5, and he said he thought I effaced just a bit too - but he's not good with figuring out percentages...he just knows that there was a change.
We got really excited and started getting stuff ready, but they started to fizzle out at about 9pm.  so sad :(

Last night I definitely had some contractions while sleeping, and a couple of them woke me up.
So far today, I've had some contractions, but nothing strong at all...I'd say even lighter than yesterday so far.  I may go for a long walk today...
We'll just have to see what happens.
At 5 cm, I'm thinking it could seriously be anytime.  I'm actually a little curious as to how in the world labor didn't start last night...
But my biggest concern is that I'm already halfway dilated...
My labors are usually pretty quick without being dilated much, if any...
Good thing we're doing a homebirth, and we have the birthing supplies here, at the house!

So, pray for wisdom for me - that everything goes smoothly - and that this baby would come at God's perfect time!