Thursday, August 6, 2009

Prego update

So I haven't really written a lot of info about this pregnancy, I've realized.
Well, I went to the doctor today, and here's the stats:

1. I'll be 34 weeks on Saturday - Due September 19.

2. I need to gain more weight, apparently. I've only gained 19 lbs. so far, and I haven't really gained any weight since May. They want me to gain at least 25. I gained 30 with Bella. even if I gained a pound per week, and I made it all the way to 40 weeks, that would put me at barely 25 lbs. total weight gain. hm...we'll see how that goes...

3. I'm measuring a bit small (top of pelvic bone to top of uterus). They aren't too concerned about this though, because my ultrasound 2 weeks ago showed that our baby boy is growing wonderfully.

4. Dr. D. wants to induce me at 39 weeks. She's afraid that because of having a precipitous birth (less than 3 hours of labor) with Bella, that I won't make it into the hospital on time with this one. She'd rather induce me a bit early and have my labor under her control than me go naturally and not make it to the hospital in time :) I, however, do NOT want to be induced, and I will find any and every means possible to keep that from happening...I'll start running at 36 or 37 weeks if I have to...do jumping jacks...or find a chiropractor that is skilled in pressure points. of course, he may come before 39 weeks anyway, so we'll just have to see what happens...
...and be ready with a shower curtain if necessary :)

It's just so crazy that I'm going to be having another baby in a matter of weeks!
Ready or not, here he comes!!

oh, and one more thing...names. we have a first name. Neil and I have different ideas about what the middle name should be though. My opinion: Neil chose Bella's entire name AND chose the first name of this baby...I think it's only fair that I get some say in the middle name.
Neil says that back in the day the men named all of the babies... we may just have to wait until he gets here to decide.