Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Another Update...

Went to the doctor yesterday, and here are the stats:

1. 36 weeks pregnant

2. Balian is doing fabulously. heartbeat good, positioned good, I'm measuring better, and I gained another pound! 24 total so far...I need to gain one more pound before birth, and my doctor will be happy :)

3. Found out I'm GBS positive...again. Not TOO big of a deal. It just means that I have to be on an IV, and they have to try to give me 2 doses of antibiotic between the time I get to the hospital to the time that Balian comes out...easier said than done b/c of the possibility of labor being pretty short...but one dose is better than none. With Bella, they only gave me one dose and we had no problems at all with it.

4. I gave the midwife my birthplan, we went over it, and I feel really good about everything. of course, as always, birthplans are dependent upon how labor is going. Things can always change.

5. Neil was able to meet me at the doctor! woohoo! The first time he's been able to be there. He was able to hear Balian's heartbeat for the first time :)

6. The midwife checked me for dilation again... after only 5 days from my last visit, when I was 1cm and 25% effaced... I'm NOW "not quite 2cm" and 50% effaced. I knew those sharp pains in the pelvic bone, Balian pushing down on me, and forever long braxton hicks were doing something...

7. I'll be 37 weeks on Saturday, and my next appointment is on Monday. It would be fabulous to at least make it to Saturday, if not to my next appointment. I'd feel much better about 37 weeks.

I've been anxious lately. There's so many unknowns and so many seemingly possible risks. But I'm trusting God, knowing that He already knows what will happen - both the good and the bad - and I know that no matter what, He'll be taking care of us. It gives me comfort to know that nothing surprises Him. In the meantime, I'm praying for wisdom for Neil and I for when the time comes. For me to know when to take action, to make calls, and to go to the hospital. And for Neil - the wisdom to help me get through it all.