Wednesday, July 15, 2009

New Night-time trainers

So I've decided that during this "nesting" phase of my pregnancy, I'm going to be doing a lot of sewing. I've got a lot planned, and it's going to be a lot of work, but it will keep me from going crazy these next couple of months.

Here's the plan:
12 fitted newborn diapers
6 newborn diaper covers
48 cloth wipes
12 pairs of cloth, waterproof, night-time trainers for Bella (like, cloth pull-ups)

Because of the crazy amount of sewing I'm going to be doing, and because I want it to be really good quality (to last through multiple kids), I finally broke down and bought a serger:

So far, I've finished the 48 wipes:


And after finding a good pattern to kinda go off of, and making a couple major improvements to it, I finally successfully made my first pair of night-time trainers for Bella:

I can make them to be pulled-on only (like the ones pictured) or, I can put Aplix (hook and loop, like velcro, only stronger) on the sides to be taken off easily for accidents.
She wore them last night, and they were a success in my book - they didn't leak at ALL, they had a good level of absorbancy to where she could feel the wetness, but she also wasn't sopping when she wet... and they fit good too! YAY! :) Maybe this will help her get trained at night finally.
The first fitted diaper is in the workings...I'm waiting on my Aplix to get here...
I'll post pictures when I get one done.