Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Ichthus update

Ok, so just to let y'all know, I leave this morning for Kentucky to sing at ICHTHUS! (this is going to be formatted weird...I haven't gotten a blogging app yet, and I'm writing this from my iPad...hence no paragraph breaks even though I'm putting them in...) I'm super-excited, but honestly, it's pretty stressful to plan meals, grocery shop, and get everything ready and lined up here at home...I don't think I realize sometimes how much everyone depends on me to keep things going smoothly (HA!) here, at home. If you want to check-out the ICHTHUS website, we are listed via Shake Anderson. I'm not really sure what the week is going to look like, but I know it is going to be a very full week! A break from the little ones, but not so much a break from work. My vocal chords will definitely get a huge workout :) We leave This morning, and stay in Memphis. Wednesday, we get to Louisville, and sing at Evangel's "city of Hope" Thursday, we lead worship at ICHTHUS in the morning, and play at Evangel World Prayer Center in the evening. Friday, we lead worship at ICHTHUS in the morning, then again in the evening. Saturday, same as Friday. Sunday morning, we are at N.E. Christian church in Lexington That evening we are at Evangel Billtown We leave Monday morning at 6am. In between all of that, we're going to be ministering and serving in some shape or form. Praying with people, counseling people, and serving. But we will also get a chance to see some good bands (Hello, Switchfoot!) So what about the 3 littles? Neil is taking off tuesday and wednesday. Mom is coming over to take care of them Thursday and Friday, and Neil is covering Saturday, Sunday, and Monday. I'll journal as much as I can, and update on everything once I get back! In the meantime, here's some prayer requests: Group Unity. Vocal chords. For my heart to be where God has me, so He may use me more effectively. Trust that God will take care of Neil and my mom with the kids. No worries about home! Protection from the schemes and lies of the enemy. For God to use us to minister to His people. That chains would be broken. That people would be healed in God's presence. For God's Will to be done! For Neil: Creativity Quality time (not just quantity) with the littles. Confidence and consistency with discipline. That God would use this time to produce a harvest of righteousness in him, by cultivating character in the small trials that come in being at home with little ones all day :)