Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Made From Scraps

This skort was quite literally made from scraps.


The denim part was originally the bottom of a pair of jeans that I hemmed for a friend.  The front is one leg, the back is the other leg.
The ruffles are strips of fabric that I cut from left over scraps from various things.
The waistband and underskirt were made from the bottom half of an old T-shirt.
I already had the thread and the elastic lying around.  And the button I grabbed out of the kids' craft box.
So this skort honestly cost me a grand total of .... $0.



Of course, I don't think that anything I make is perfect.  My technique wasn't the best, so I ended up doing things the hard way (hence why I don't have instructions - you wouldn't want to follow them...)
But amazingly enough, it still turned out alright.



And most importantly, Bella loves it.  She kept asking when her "pretty skirt" was going to be finished so that she could wear it. :)