Friday, March 16, 2012

I'm One!


Name: Isaiah Ethan Jones
My Birthday: March 10
Height and Weight: We'll find out soon at our Dr.'s visit.

Favorite Foods: Anything Mommy chooses to give me really.  But my favorites are cut up green beans, Ranch Style beans, homemade mac n' cheese, yogurt, Sammy snack bars, puffs, frozen peas, Ritz crackers, Challah bread, and M-I-L-K.  mmmm...

Although Mommy switched me to this cold, less yummy milk.  I don't like it nearly as much as I liked Mommy's milk.  But, I suppose I should have seen it coming.  Mommy kept saying that I was hurting her with all of my teeth, since I officially have 7 of them now.  I wasn't biting her, but I guess my teeth were just rubbing her raw.  I wasn't trying to hurt her, but I didn't know how to change how I ate...Mommy said she didn't want to give it up, but just couldn't handle the pain any more.  She said it was getting as bad as when I had my tongue-tie, only she couldn't do anything about it.
The cold stuff isn't horrible...just isn't the creme de la creme that I had before...
I'm too busy to miss nursing though.  Too much to do to cuddle with Mama.  I think it makes Mommy sad.

Words:  words?  what words?  Just in the past week I've started to let mommy and daddy into my world by babbling a bit more and using inflections.  Sometimes it sounds like I'm saying "please", "that", "Bella", and many other things, but I'm just fooling them, really.  Maybe someday soon I'll say a real word other than "Dada."


What I'm working on: I've decided this week that because I'm one, I'm no longer a baby.  I want to be a big kid, just like my brother and sister.  So I'm working really hard to keep up with them.  I crawl everywhere I'm going, and I'm getting faster than a speeding bullet (and get into things just as quickly).  I pull-up to a stand on everything now, and since my birthday, I've gotten especially brave.  The other day, I was trotting along behind my walker, and I just decided I didn't want to hold on to it anymore.  So I just let go and stood all by myself.  Mommy wasn't prepared AT ALL!  She was too busy taking pictures of my cute pants that Mimi made me to catch me when I fell down, so now I have a bruise on my head...again...I guess I'm gonna have to get used to this.



Getting into the CDs.  Mommy wasn't as excited.
Sportin' my longies that Mimi knitted for me.

























Favorite things:  My favorite thing to do is go outside. I don't care what I do outside, I just want to be out there.  There's so much to explore!  Dirt, rocks, grass, sticks, leaves... Bella and Balian's toys... and there's so much room to crawl!  Love it!  I will beg Mommy to take me outside, by leaning and reaching for the back door when she's holding me.  There is really no other place I'd rather be.


Playing with Balian, outside.

I like my Daddy a lot too.  When he comes home from work, I get so excited I just can't contain it.  And he's really the only person that I "go to" willingly.  He's really my favorite, but shh...don't tell Mommy.  Other than that, I'm a big fan of books, my bear and binky for bedtime, and getting piggy-back rides on Mommy's back in my wrap.  Mommy runs around the house with me in there, and I just laugh and laugh...  I really like playing peek-a-boo too.  Especially coming around a corner and being surprised by one of my favorite faces.  And I love being chased (and caught!). So much fun.  I love being ONE!