Sunday, March 4, 2012

From Old to New

 Meet my newest project:


This dresser has been at Mom and Dad's house for a long time. 
I needed a dresser for our School Room to store school supplies, art, etc.
A free dresser...that just needed a bit of work...
So I sanded it, re-stained it a pretty Red Oak color, filled in the old hardware holes, made new ones, added new hardware, and stained and added new feet.
And this is what we ended up with:


Isn't it pretty?


Here's a side shot, so you can see the pretty sheen...


Makes me smile...and feel very productive.
Oh, and our School room is SO much more organized now...
which makes me smile even more :)

Definitely ended up not being free...but it was still a heck of a lot less than I would have paid for the same thing...and anything I bought probably wouldn't have been solid wood like this one.  That's why older is better...sometimes it just needs a bit of a "pick-me-up".