Friday, July 25, 2008

Souls for Soles 5k

Finally!!! Here are pictures of the 5k from last saturday in Arlington. It was a run to benefit Souls for Soles, an organization that gives shoes to kids who don't have any.

This is mi familia - the ones of us that ran the 5k.
from left to right...in decending order, yet also from youngest to oldest....
Stephen, Brandon, me, and my mom (olivia).


Dad took Bella with him to walk the 1 mile fun run/walk. Here they are crossing the finish line...

Ahh... the finish line...


At the finish line, the food is plentiful...

My mom got first place in her age division for the women... 55-59 or something like that (don't tell her I told you what age bracket she was in). she finished with a time of 38:05?
I got 3rd place in the 25-29 women's age bracket, with a time of 29:10.
Here we are with our medals... :) Bella got a ribbon for participation.


We had lots of fun. A great family day with some good exercise... what more could you want?
If you want to see pictures of me actually running... (yeah, not likely..) you can go to http://www.movin-pictures.com/
go to events, then click on souls for soles, and type in my bib # 1225.

More updates are on the way... like my new haircut... stay tuned!