Sunday, July 13, 2008

Another reason I love my husband

Neil informed me just before he left that the new XO on his boat and his wife are trying to get a team of 12 people together to run a relay race across the state of Florida. He was really excited...and I started to pick up on the fact that he was speaking as if I was part of this team...
I asked "So I'm assuming that you have already committed me to this..." he said "of course!"

2 things ran through my mind -
First, I thought Neil had lost his mind! I can't do something like that...

Then, I thought about how cool it is that my husband believes that I CAN do this - and WANTS me to be on HIS team to run this race TOGETHER! He doesn't just want me on the sidelines cheering him on - he wants me right there in the action - going through this WITH him (and 10 other people). Sounds to me like a story in Wild at Heart.

And seriously - how cool would it be to say that you ran a relay race across the state of Florida?

So after this 5k in Arlington next weekend, I'll be starting my training for the relay. I was actually looking at all the information last night and started to get really pumped up and excited about it.
It's a 200- mile race from Clearwater, FL to Daytona Beach, FL. each person runs 3 legs of the race, ranging from 3 to 8 miles that vary as far as difficulty...all of this over the course of about a 24 hour period - November 14-15, 2008. running (X3) + sleep deprivation = crazy. I love it!

Here's the website if you want to check out how crazy we are!
http://www.ragnarrelay.com/

my only question is what to do with Bella. Anyone want to volunteer to babysit for a weekend? You could meet us in Daytona at the finish line... :)