Saturday, October 22, 2011

Mainstay Farm

We headed out somewhere close to the middle of nowhere - about 45 minutes away from us - to Mainstay Farm.  What a fabulous way to welcome Fall!  It was a beautiful day.  Although the temperature was up in the 80's, we had a nice cool breeze...and I got a bit of a sunburn...in October.  Is that possible?
(oh, and we actually remembered the good camera...even remembered to charge the battery...but the battery was left at home on the computer desk.  oh no!  so, you'll have to excuse my non-iphone camera capabilities with these pictures.)


The kids had a lot of fun.  They jumped on the jumping "pillow":


Played on the slides and playhouse:








Drove some pedal-carts:



Bella got her face painted:



And of course, we got some pumpkins.






We didn't have time for everything (like a hay-ride), but we had a lot of fun.  It was definitely a Saturday well-spent with the family.  Going back next year is a must!




Where was Isaiah through all of this?


Yes...he's asleep on my back.  This is the most incredible wrap technique I have found yet.  Isaiah took a nice 2-hour nap like this!  Even better - I had my hands free to help with the other two kids, and it didn't hurt my shoulders or back like crazy.  I didn't feel like I needed to re-adjust him and I didn't feel like I just "couldn't take it anymore" at any time...for 2 hours...while he was sleeping...in and out of sun and shade and walking around everywhere, going uphill and downhill, etc.  seriously amazing.  want to learn how I did it?  Go to http://www.wrapyourbaby.com/ and check out the link for back carries - there are some videos that show how to do it.  I used my Moby wrap this time around (with much help from Neil), but I think I'd rather have a non-stetchy wrap.  I've never really "gotten" the Moby wrap - it's never really felt tight enough or secure enough to go hands-free.  Perhaps it's more in the technique.  The moby worked fine...but it's too long for this purpose...I had to wrap it around my body a time or two with the extra fabric just to keep it out of the way.  Anyway, if you like to wear your baby, you should check this out.  Seriously great!