Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Isaiah - 5 months

So I was so late posting Isaiah's 4 month post that now it seems it's way too soon to be doing a 5 month post.  Or maybe it's just time getting away from me in general...


I really can't believe Isaiah is already 5 months.  It seems that time really is escaping me, and I'm not too happy about it :(

Right now, it's actually pretty hard to find Isaiah on his tummy.  He usually rolls over in about 2 seconds after I put him down.  Yes, he's been rolling for like 4 months now, but he just keeps getting faster.  Now, he seems to be working on rolling onto his tummy from his back (but only for a toy...not so fond of the tummy time...).  


Yup, that's more like it.  We see this all the time...


Isaiah definitely takes in all of his surroundings.  He loves to watch his brother and sister play and interact.  He  loves it so much that they will distract him from eating - and he'll crane his neck or almost do a back-bend just to see what's going on behind him!  Looks like we may have yet another social butterfly...or people-watcher...we'll see...


Isaiah's Rule #1:  Put all hands, feet, and other objects into your mouth.
Yes, everything finds its way into the mouth these days - he reaches and grabs whatever he can get.  Yet another thing to distract him while eating.  He'll grab my nose, my hair, my shirt, (I can't wear any earrings but studs), whatever he can grab while he's eating.  If he's not eating, something is always in his mouth.  If it isn't a toy, it's his fingers, or the burp cloth...  And he's really working on getting those feet.  He was able to get one last night, and was trying to get it into his mouth, but I guess he'll just have to keep working on it. 


 It's hard to say whether all this reaching and grabbing is the cause for eyeing everything that I eat, or if he's trying to tell me that he wants some of that too.  Right now, he's satisfied with just milk.  I'm not really sure how much weight he should be gaining on average right now, but he's only gained about half a pound in the past month.  I know they start to slow down on weight gain at some point...and I just can't go by the other two kids at all right now because everything is so different with Isaiah.  He's doubled his birth weight, and I know that's a good sign, just not sure what I should be looking for now.



Sleep-wise, we had some issues with naps last week.  It was taking me 1-1.5 hours just to get him to go down for a nap, when before we had a good routine and had NO problems at all!  Turns out homeboy started swallowing a lot of air again and was just having an insane amount of burps in his belly that were not making him happy...so he wouldn't go to sleep.  I'm sure I wouldn't want to either!  Then, by the time we got them all out, he was so overtired that it took forever to get him down.  So now, I'm back where I was before as far as burping him a LOT, but at least they are coming out eventually. So long as I start the "wind-down" process a little earlier (so I can work on getting all those burps out), he'll settle down to sleep without a hitch.  And that makes for a much happier baby!  


I must say that I just absolutely adore this little guy!  He is truly a big bundle of joy, and I cannot imagine life without his smiling face!  Thank you, Lord, that your ways are better than mine!  Thank you for the joy you have given us through Isaiah!