Wednesday, February 17, 2010

My new best friend

Moving to Texas during the winter has kept me from running more than 2 times since Balian came into the world, for many reasons.
1. Moving. twice. enough said.
2. I hate running in the cold.
3. If I hate running in the cold, why oh why would I drag my kids into a stroller and make them just SIT in the cold with the cold wind blowing in their faces, risking them getting sick...all so I can be miserable running in the cold?
4. The closest gym with childcare that is reasonably priced is about a 20 minute drive from our house...not good for a baby's naps :(

so...we did what every family needs to do when there is a running mom in the house - that is going crazy because she can't run - we bought a treadmill. We got it used off of Craigs list - and Neil was awesome and drove the hour and a half to Dallas to pick it up after work on Monday night. oh yes...he loves me :)

It's a TRUE 500. no bells and whistles, but a really good quality used treadmill.
Tuesday I was itching all day to run that night. And after I hit mile 1 (out of 2), Neil documented the occasion:

yes, we're a bunch of nerds...and we love it :)