Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Doctor visit

Monday I had another OB appointment...so here we go!

1. I'm 37 weeks pregnant - officially full-term!! yeah!!

2. I gained my 1 pound, putting me at 25 lbs. gained - the minimum my doctor wanted me to gain - so that's good.

3. Balian is doing great.

4. Sadly, no progression. I'm still "definitely" 2cm and 50% effaced.

I know that some women progress to a certain point before labor and that's it - until they go into labor. I'm actually amazed that I've progressed at all, considering ALL of my progression with Bella happened in just hours!

As much as I hate sharp pains that almost make me weak in the knees at times, my back hurting almost constantly at this point, and having really painful braxton hicks contractions that keep me up for hours at night sometimes...
I'm actually very happy that he's still in there.
I want him to grow and develop until he's fully ready to come out.

Most importantly though, I know that God's timing is perfect. There's more to it than my comfort level. I think that God is waiting until family can be here for a while to support, take care of, and help us out for a while. And looking at the big picture, that's the best scinario for our entire family. No matter how impatient I may have the tendency to be at times...

5. my next appointment is going to be Tuesday, Sept. 8. I'll be about 38.5 weeks at that point...so I'm sure my doctor and I will be discussing an inducing date, since they want to induce at 39 weeks.

we'll see what happens...