Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Doctor Update

so...this afternoon was a pretty interesting/stressful doctor's visit.

1. I'm 38 weeks and 3 days at this point.
2. no change...still 2 cm and 50% effaced.

3. Inducing Update: The earliest they can do it is next Tuesday, Sept. 15. Apparently, according to "Standard of Care" they can't do an induction even a day earlier than 39 weeks...then, the hospital has regulations that they can't do one on the weekend...and guess what? they're booked for Monday...so, that leaves us with Tuesday.
So...we'll see what happens between now and then.

4. The Good news: My doctor is on call this weekend, should I go into labor :)

5. Now, for the bad news: The flu and the swine flu have been pretty bad here. I already knew this, because Neil had told me about reported cases on base...and some of those have been on HIS BOAT! Anyway, because of this, and because of updated statistics that have shown that there have been infant, new mama, and pregnant mama deaths because of the craziness (they are some of the highest at-risk for mortality due to the flu/ swine flu).

what this means:
a. No children are allowed in the maternity ward (meaning, Bella can't come see her baby brother in the hospital)
b. I won't be able to have any visitors other than Neil, and MAYBE ONE other person.
c. they may release us after 24 hours, rather than the 48 that is usually governed by GA state law - so that the baby can be in a less risky environment.
d. they are suggesting limited people come to the house once released, and they don't want moms and babies to leave the house for 6 weeks! no walmart, no church, no nothing.
e. I need to get a flu shot.

Neil's main concern is the fact that there are cases on the boat. He's not really sure what to do about it.

so...
1. Pray for the labor to go smoothly, and that it happens in God's right timing - even if that right timing is Tuesday for an induction.
2. Pray for protection over Neil, myself, and our little one when he comes.

I know that God has us covered. I know that He is our Protector, our Shelter, our Refuge, and our Strength.
I feel like everyday I'm fighting more and more to not be anxious about anything, but I'm trying to give it to the Lord every time my thoughts are consumed by the "what ifs."
May He give us PEACE which passes every bit of our understanding.
I know He will. And I'm standing on those promises!