Sunday, March 15, 2009

SOWC Auction

The annual Submarine Officer's Wives Club (SOWC) Silver and Gold auction was last night. The purpose is to raise money for the Dolphin Scholarship fund, which gives scholarships to sailors and their dependents for higher education. It's always themed and there is always a contest for the best crew's table decorations/centerpieces/costumes, so we tend to go all out.
This year the theme was "Game On" and with our husbands out to sea, we decided to go really girly. So, we were the "Pink Ladies."
It was a lot of fun, and a great opportunity for Bella and I to get a much-needed break from one another :)

So here's some pictures:

our pretty table:

Me, in my pink lady get-up:

Deneen, Stephanie, and Ola:

Me, Cassie, and Amy:


Stephanie and me:

My 13-week baby bump (isn't the camera supposed to make you GAIN 10 lbs? my bump seems so much bigger in real life...):

And last, but not least - Bella trying out everything before the auction: