Tuesday, March 24, 2009

The Doors are Finished!!

I've been working on these cabinets for what seems like an eternity! Well, Monday, I hit a milestone - ALL of the cabinet doors are back on! No more open cabinets! All that's left is the kickboards on the bottom and the small little trim pieces that just make the cabinets "prettier". So YAY!

Here's the progression of the kitchen cabinet project:

1. Our kitchen when we first moved in (almost 3 years ago!!) June 30, 2006.


2. Phase #1: May 2008, after I got an electric sander for Mother's Day.

3. Phase #2: Sept. 26, 2008 - in the process of doing the rest in one foul swoop! (I finished the actual cabinets in only a couple of days...it was the doors that took forever!)

4. the (almost) finished project: March 23, 2009 - The Doors are on again!!

I must say that I'm very proud...aren't they pretty?