Thursday, June 2, 2011

New Fitted Diapers for LoveBums

So I've been experimenting with some new fabrics and new techniques for some of my diapers.  I think I've got a new fitted diaper down, and I'll (hopefully) be ready to sell some of these pretty soon.  I finished this diaper yesterday, and I'm really happy with how it fits - so glad I have a baby to fit it on :)

Ok, so here's the stats:






This diaper is made out of 4 layers of 100% organic cotton fleece (so soft!!) - 2 diaper layers, and 2 soaker-pad layers.  100% organic cotton French Terry is another option that feels very similar - the same weight of fabric, and also very soft.  They both feel like your favorite sweatshirt!  Stitched and serged on edges for durability and no raveling.
6 snaps in the front.











Soaker pad is a "flap-style" - sewn in, but only on the top edge, so it "flaps" around while in the dryer, therefore drying faster.

Elastic at legs and waist, to help contain messes.







And I know you want to see this on a baby...



Isaiah is about 11.5 lbs. right now, and this is a size small that should fit 10-20 lbs.  The smallest snap setting fits, but is starting to get snug.
              



Not super-bulky, so it's easy to move around in, but the absorbency is very good.  Isaiah wet in it twice before I could even feel that it was damp, and at his normal diaper-change time, it was wet, but didn't feel totally soaked.

     Hugs the legs without being too tight.




Doesn't it just make you want a fluffy bum at home?
These will sell for $10 (the French Terry fitted would be $8 - less expensive fabric).  Most fitted diapers you find are well above that (about $15) for different sizes, and one-size fitted diapers are more like $20.  I think that's crazy.  And remember that all of my proceeds will be going toward making diapers for those that need them!!
I'll be ordering a bunch of supplies (hopefully) this week.  So I'll be making these ready-to-sell very soon! :)

Let me know what you think!!