Saturday, October 4, 2008

Rock Shrimp Festival 10k

So I heard about the Rock Shrimp Festival on Thursday night, and decided that I should run in the 10k this morning. I've been training like crazy, and thought it would be good to kind of evaluate where I'm at WITHOUT the stroller, and in a race situation. Plus, why NOT run it?
So, I woke up at 5:15 this morning, woke Bella up at 5:45, Skylar met us here, at the house at 6, and we showed up to the race at about 6:30 - just enough time to register, warm up, and stretch before the race started at 7am.
My only complaint: It wasn't the correct distance, so the mile markers were off, which made it difficult to pace myself with. I knew it seemed kinda funny that my first mile I did in 9:00 and my second one was 11:00?? (I'm not one to start out fast, so this was just odd...and 11:00 is slower than I run pushing Bella in the stroller. Just didn't make sense, so I had to check it out when I got home.) It's supposed to be 6.2 miles. It was 6.37, according to runningmap.com (which is the most accurate way I've found to measure).

No matter what, it was good just to do it. I can't really complain too much though, because I finished really well.

How I came out:
1st place in my age division (Women's 20-29) and 3rd place All-around for Women.

Time: 6.37 miles in 57:52
Average pace: 9:05
Here's some pictures from the race, etc.: