Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Mother's Day


I know it's a bit belated for mother's day, but here's an interesting thing about it:

Most moms get chocolates or flowers, or pretty pictures made by their kids. Obviously, I'm not the norm. The day before mother's day, Neil, Bella, and I were at Lowe's. I was looking at sanders because I needed one for refinishing the kitchen cabinets. We found one we liked and Neil said "Happy mother's day!"

Yay... nothing like practicality to get a woman's heart going. sorry - sarcasm :)


I suppose Neil was so proud of me for doing something very un-womanly he wanted to document it. so here's a picture of me in the process of sanding down one of the cabinet areas in the kitchen... Neil put the hard hat on me - I asked why - he said I should wear it to go with the rest of the get-up.

I know he's odd at times, but I love my husband :)